courierpostonline.com  Weather  Jobs  Cars  Apartments  Real Estate  Shopping  Dating  Classifieds

Customer Service
Subscribe

Friday, December 08, 2006

AAA shopping tips

Did you know you can use AAA member discounts to save money at retail stores like Circuit City, Target and Barnes & Noble?
AAA says only 4 percent of members know that they are eligible for discounts with retailers. Even so, AAA says that amounted to savings of $28 million last year.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eileen,

Thanks for the tip on using my AAA card to get shopping discounts. I've been a member for many years and never knew that was one of the benefits.

Great tip, and especially useful this time of year!

Monday, December 11, 2006  
Blogger Eileen Smith said...

Yes, AAA takes good care of its members. I also signed up for special offers at Pier One. I receive frequent coupons for discounts and special sales, all thru the magic of e-mail.
Happy shopping!
Eileen

Monday, December 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great column Eileen. Look forward to reading more. Lissa

Monday, December 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had several great shopping experiences this weekend, but the one I wanted to tell you about was late Saturday night.
I was getting ready to go out to the theatre alone, as my wife was not interested, and too tired (bless her) to see a late showing of Casino Royale.
I had a half hour to spare before having to leave for the Moorestown Mall movie house, so I sat down at my computer and checked my shopping sites to see if they had come up with any new deals.
Indeed, they had.
I opened to slick deals and the offer was meant for me:
1 free ticket to any movie from Fandango.
Three hours later, I emerged from the movie house very happy that the new Bond was in good hands. I decided that it was the best $11 I never spent!

P.S. I love your column and writing and tips and hope you will write in the future about high tech on a low budget

Monday, December 11, 2006  
Blogger Eileen Smith said...

That's a great reminder to do your homework before you shop. And for my money, there are only two means -- or channels as we call them in Media Land.
The first is the newspaper, with its ads and circulars, although I must confess I'm partial to print. The other is the Internet.
With either one, you can head out to the store with coupons, promotional offerings -- and, most important, information you can't get from a 10-second radio ad or TV commercial.

Monday, December 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Partners: Jobs: CareerBuilder.com • Cars: Cars.com • Apartments: Apartments.com • Shopping: ShopLocal.com
Customer Service • Send feedback about CourierPostOnline.com • Subscribe Now • Jobs with us
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, updated June 7, 2005.
Copyright 2005 CourierPostOnline.com. All rights reserved
Partly Sunny 51°F
Partly Sunny
Forecast »
Sponsored by:

Search over 400,000 better jobs!
Occupation Keywords: