The last shopping day before Christmas
It's here, the day retailers pull out all the stops -- and my husband pulls out his hair.
Dale is out shopping, joining a force of what I suspect are mainly male procrastinators.
As a supportive wife, I've supplied him with a multi-size box of gift bags so he can pop his treasures directly into festive packaging.
That way I won't have to wrap my own presents.
Yesterday, we shopped for seven fishes for our Christmas Eve open house. We're serving mini crab cakes, shrimp cocktail, lobster salad, asparagus wrapped with smoked salmon, pierogis with sour cream and caviar (for my Polish mother-in-law), pan-fried smelts and a smoked tuna spread (we substituted for the smoked trout we couldn't find).
I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas Eve. God bless us, every one!
And if you see my husband at the mall, please remind him I'm a size 8.
Dale is out shopping, joining a force of what I suspect are mainly male procrastinators.
As a supportive wife, I've supplied him with a multi-size box of gift bags so he can pop his treasures directly into festive packaging.
That way I won't have to wrap my own presents.
Yesterday, we shopped for seven fishes for our Christmas Eve open house. We're serving mini crab cakes, shrimp cocktail, lobster salad, asparagus wrapped with smoked salmon, pierogis with sour cream and caviar (for my Polish mother-in-law), pan-fried smelts and a smoked tuna spread (we substituted for the smoked trout we couldn't find).
I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas Eve. God bless us, every one!
And if you see my husband at the mall, please remind him I'm a size 8.









1 Comments:
So, do you have any advice for people who won't shop until the last minute? My dad waits until Christmas Eve, when all the good stuff is gone.
Post a Comment
<< Home