courierpostonline.com  Weather  Jobs  Cars  Apartments  Real Estate  Shopping  Dating  Classifieds

Customer Service
Subscribe

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Shopping for the time starved

Parched for presents but starved for time? Head straight to the grocery store and pick up some gifts along with your bread and eggs.
A personal favorite is Wegmans, which offers gift cards for a variety of retailers as well as fruit baskets, candy and well-priced tabletop treats such as Spiegelau glasses, $48 for six.
The produce at Whole Foods is gorgeous. I often buy a selection and build my own baskets, filling in with gourmet tea bags and little candies.
I buy ginger cookies in pretty tins at Trader Joe's. They look festive and are great for mailing. I don't worry about the cookies crumbling!
Gift cards from Acme and ShopRite are always appreciated by nieces and nephews in college, as well as young adults starting out.
I also keep a few bags of premium coffee in the house during the holidays. I can brew something special when friends visit -- and if I have to come up with a gift on the spur of the moment, I slap a bow on a bag. Instant gift!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eileen, these are great ideas. Especially food gift cards...thanks for the tips!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was dreading shopping this year, as usual. But I took your advice about shopping at dinner time and it really really works! Every night this week I've gone to a store at 6 o'clock and gotten in with no problem. At 7 p.m., I'm out of there, just as the shoppers start to pour in. Thanks.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so true! I leave work in time to hit the stores by 6 p.m. and get in an hour of (relatively) hassle-free shopping before the throngs converge. And hey, an hour of shopping is about my limit.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Partners: Jobs: CareerBuilder.com • Cars: Cars.com • Apartments: Apartments.com • Shopping: ShopLocal.com
Customer Service • Send feedback about CourierPostOnline.com • Subscribe Now • Jobs with us
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, updated June 7, 2005.
Copyright 2005 CourierPostOnline.com. All rights reserved
Partly Sunny 51°F
Partly Sunny
Forecast »
Sponsored by:

Search over 400,000 better jobs!
Occupation Keywords: