Bah humbug, Martha
I'm watching Martha Stewart's latest holiday special on Fine Living, feeling guilty because I haven't ensconced the columns outside my stately home with twinkling white lights -- or built the columns, or, for that matter, bought the stately home.
I have a feeling Martha toasted the Fourth of July by wrapping the last bow on her final Christmas package, even though she taught me how to fashion a bow reminiscent of a peony tonight. (I'm not telling how. Tivo it yourself, Mrs. Cratchit. )
I have a feeling Martha toasted the Fourth of July by wrapping the last bow on her final Christmas package, even though she taught me how to fashion a bow reminiscent of a peony tonight. (I'm not telling how. Tivo it yourself, Mrs. Cratchit. )
Which brings me to the point. People who make their own gifts (and wrapping, tags and cards) probably spend twice as much time shopping, hitting craft stores, hardware stores and home centers for supplies -- which I suppose makes them doubly superior to other mortals.
Got to go. Martha is cracking 12 perfect eggs, laid by her own hens. Even better, she's breaking out the booze. We're making egg nog!
Got to go. Martha is cracking 12 perfect eggs, laid by her own hens. Even better, she's breaking out the booze. We're making egg nog!









0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home