courierpostonline.com  Weather  Jobs  Cars  Apartments  Real Estate  Shopping  Dating  Classifieds

Customer Service
Subscribe

Friday, December 07, 2007

Holding court at the old Baileys


I believe in civility, in being cordial -- and, on occasion, in lifting a cordial.
One of my favorites is Baileys Original Irish Cream liqueur, which has been served up since 1974. I wasn't of legal drinking age then. But I've tried to make up for it since and I can tell you that Baileys is a superior spirit, served on its own or in cocktails. For great recipes, go to http://www.baileys.com/
Here's a recipe for the Shakerino, a virtual dessert in a glass:
2 ounces Baileys Irish Cream
1 scoop coffee ice cream, softened
2 ounces brewed espresso, cooled
Cocoa powder
Ice
Put all ingredients except the cocoa powder in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously until the ice cream has melted. Strain into a short, fat tumbler and sprinkle with cocoa powder
Also consider pouring flavored Baileys, liqueurs that add a nip of caramel or mint chocolate to the original mix. I'm partial to the caramel version, an instant twist-and-pour cocktail perfect for serving guests after dinner during the holidays. Expect to pay $18.99 for a 750 ml bottle. Keep an eye peeled for attractive gift packages, with glasses you can immediately add to your collection of barware.
Bottoms up, boyos and colleens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Partners: Jobs: CareerBuilder.com • Cars: Cars.com • Apartments: Apartments.com • Shopping: ShopLocal.com
Customer Service • Send feedback about CourierPostOnline.com • Subscribe Now • Jobs with us
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, updated June 7, 2005.
Copyright 2005 CourierPostOnline.com. All rights reserved
Partly Sunny 51°F
Partly Sunny
Forecast »
Sponsored by:

Search over 400,000 better jobs!
Occupation Keywords: