courierpostonline.com  Weather  Jobs  Cars  Apartments  Real Estate  Shopping  Dating  Classifieds

Customer Service
Subscribe

Thursday, June 07, 2007

A wake up call from a cocky Clocky


When I was a kid, I envied George Jetson his toaster bed, a device that would roust the Space Age cartoon character from sleep each morning and toss him out of the sack, much like a toaster ejecting a piece of bread.
Clocky (not to be confused with the killer doll Chuckie) is much more simple -- and fiendishly annoying, so much so that I can't wait to try it out on my beloved, slug-a-bed daughter the next time she visits.
Here's how it works. Clocky's snooze alarm gives you one chance -- and one chance only -- to snooze for 0-9 minutes after the alarm goes off. After that, Clocky hops off the nightstand and wheels himself (I'm quite it's a male device) around the room, looking for a place to hide like an errant hamster, all the while beeping his cogs off and making sleep impossible. For a paltry $49.99, you will experience the delight of watching your resident cottonhead stagger out of bed and flail around looking for Clocky, pleading for the cold-hearted ticker to PLEASE STOP MAKING NOISE!!! Heh heh heh.
This product was brought to my attention by Matt Freeman, a boffo blogger, faithful reader and superlative writer. To read his blog, go to http://www.blog.mattfreemanwriter.com/ To learn more about Clocky, visit http://www.nandahome.com/products.clocky.html

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It occurred to me, thinking about this, that the Clocky people could charge a lot more for a second generation version that would hop off the nightstand and go downstairs and start cooking breakfast. I'd gladly pay a hundred bucks for that. The smell of coffee and bacon would be motivation enough to get out of bed, at least for me. I wake up sleepy but I also wake up hungry.

BTW, I'm quite grateful to Eileen (Hi, it's me Matt!) for her endorsement but now I have to start making that stupid blog good once in a while! Oh noooooooo!!!!!!!

Saturday, June 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Partners: Jobs: CareerBuilder.com • Cars: Cars.com • Apartments: Apartments.com • Shopping: ShopLocal.com
Customer Service • Send feedback about CourierPostOnline.com • Subscribe Now • Jobs with us
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, updated June 7, 2005.
Copyright 2005 CourierPostOnline.com. All rights reserved
Partly Sunny 51°F
Partly Sunny
Forecast »
Sponsored by:

Search over 400,000 better jobs!
Occupation Keywords: