courierpostonline.com  Weather  Jobs  Cars  Apartments  Real Estate  Shopping  Dating  Classifieds

Customer Service
Subscribe

Monday, January 21, 2008

I foresee a sweet Valentine's Day


Ahh, um, gosh (blush) and good golly, hon.
It's only 24 short days until the dawn of Valentine's Day, when our thoughts turn to love -- or perhaps the lack of romance in life.
But relax. I'm thinking about reminding people we love -- sweethearts, friends, colleagues, adored children -- that they are special. No pressure, only good and loving thoughts -- which is why I'll be writing about ways we can show others how much we care from now through Valentine's Day.
A recent discovery is Emily's, which is serving up chocolate-covered fortune cookies. There are two versions -- red for romantic interests -- and pink for pals, which I think also can translate to co-workers, teachers and professional aquaintances.
Priced at a mere $4.99, Emily's offers thoughtfulness at a sweet price point. Each box -- patterned after a Chinese take-out carton -- includes six individually wrapped cookies encapsulated in high-quality dark chocolate. Messages inside are reminders of the power of loving, positive thinking, such as: "Value your friends; one will soon do something helpful for you."
You'll find these treats in such familiar retail environs as Target, Wal-Mart and Whole Foods.
I predict a whole lot of chocolate-covered fortune cookies flying out of those stores.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Partners: Jobs: CareerBuilder.com • Cars: Cars.com • Apartments: Apartments.com • Shopping: ShopLocal.com
Customer Service • Send feedback about CourierPostOnline.com • Subscribe Now • Jobs with us
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, updated June 7, 2005.
Copyright 2005 CourierPostOnline.com. All rights reserved
Partly Sunny 51°F
Partly Sunny
Forecast »
Sponsored by:

Search over 400,000 better jobs!
Occupation Keywords: