courierpostonline.com  Weather  Jobs  Cars  Apartments  Real Estate  Shopping  Dating  Classifieds

Customer Service
Subscribe

Monday, February 05, 2007

A blast from the past, Bulleit Bourbon


With its embossed letters and old-time styling, Bulleit Bourbon's medicinal-style bottle might look familiar.
The small-batch Kentucky straight bourbon has been around since 1830 -- and was pressed into service as a historically correct prop on the bar in the HBO series Deadwood, as Bulleit was served in the notorious mining town during its boom days.
If it's good enough for Seth Bullock, Deadwood's hunky sheriff, I figure it's worth a try.
The brand was resurrected in 1987 by Tom Bulleit, who used a recipe developed by his great-great grandfather Augustus.
These days Bulleit -- pronounced BOOL-it -- is recognized for quality, winning a double-gold medal in 2006 at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition. In the tradition of Kentucky straights, it's made with pure, limestone-filtered water and is aged for six years in flame-charred new American White Oak barrels.
At 90 proof, Bulleit offers notes of vanilla and oak, hints of honey and a distinctly rye flavor with a finish that is crisp and clean rather than sweet and cloying.
The suggested retail price: $25.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this a sipping bourbon or a julep bourbon?

Monday, February 05, 2007  
Blogger Eileen Smith said...

A sipper absolutely. I think a premium bourbon is better appreciated on its own than in a mixed drink, even one as revered as the julep.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had this too, it's delicious straight, and very smooth. I'd make juleps out of Old Crow or someething like that. I agree with Eileen, some things are too good to mix.

Monday, February 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a purist I also say don't mix the good stuff.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Partners: Jobs: CareerBuilder.com • Cars: Cars.com • Apartments: Apartments.com • Shopping: ShopLocal.com
Customer Service • Send feedback about CourierPostOnline.com • Subscribe Now • Jobs with us
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, updated June 7, 2005.
Copyright 2005 CourierPostOnline.com. All rights reserved
Partly Sunny 51°F
Partly Sunny
Forecast »
Sponsored by:

Search over 400,000 better jobs!
Occupation Keywords: